At KennCo Underwriting Ltd, we deal with all claims from cradle to grave for motor and commercial insurance in-house. Our travel insurance claims are administered by our business partners, CEGA Loss Adjusting and our household claims by Cunningham Lyndsey.
We pride ourselves on the efficient in-house claims service we provide which is designed to make the process as easy as possible for our customers. Our claims handlers are committed and professional and have the skill to handle every type of claim.
We aim to ensure all claims notified to us are valid and we endeavor to treat all claimants fairly. We are happy to provide any advice or assistance in the process of all claims through the KennCo offices.
We have claim forms for all respective classes of business available for download from this website or alternatively we will ensure our customers are issued with a claim form within 5 business days from the date of notification.
KennCo reminds all claimants of their rights to appoint an independent loss assessor or motor engineer to assist settlement however such appointments are at the claimants’ own expense.
We will keep all claimants regularly informed of developments and once settlement is agreed we propose to issue a settlement payment within 10 business days.
All KennCo customers will be advised the outcome of all third party claims.
Approved Repairers – With our Approved Repairer Network which is operational 24/7 365 Days of the Year this means:
- No need for two estimates.
- Free Collection & delivery of your vehicle.
- A replacement vehicle up to 5 Days subject to relevant cover & availability.
- The repair will be actively managed to reduce the repair time.
- Fast authority to reduce delays and repair duration.
- We settle directly with our Approved Garages saving you making any payments other than your policy excess & VAT if applicable.
For full details of our Approved Repairers please contact our Claims Department on tel. ( 01 ) 4994600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Windscreen Repairer - In the event that your windscreen has been damaged please call our Approved Windscreen Repairer.
Allglass Windscreens: Tel. 1890 20 20 12 or contact them online via their website: www.allglass.ie
Allglass are operational 24/7 and 365 Days of the year. .
Allglass invoice KennCo Underwriting Ltd directly so there is no need for a claim form to be completed.
If for any reason any claimant is not satisfied with our service, please have no hesitation to write to:
The Complaints Manager
KennCo Underwriting Ltd
Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park
Rathfarnam, Dublin 16.
For further details, see our complaints procedure page.
Our Claims Service is operational from:
Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 (Ph 01 – 4994600) though outside normal business hours you can contact our business partners DAS on our 24 Hour Accident & Claims Helpline (Ph 1850-670 747).
How to Deal with a Claim
These Notes are NOT part of the contract of Insurance but are a guide to help you if you have a claim. If you know, or think it possible, that the damage or injury is severe, or even if you just want to speak to someone about it, please phone your broker immediately. Prompt notification by you or your insurance broker, to us, of all losses and injuries which might result in a claim is important.
Otherwise - where your property has been lost stolen or damaged:
If the damage occurs when your premises are closed the Garda Siochana may make immediate arrangements for the broken window(s) to be boarded up. If this hasn’t been done you should immediately make arrangements for boarding up or immediate replacement of the broken glass. You should also give immediate notice of the breakage to your broker.
Other Damage Notification
Please write to your broker immediately giving as much detail as you can. If the property has been
stolen mislaid or damaged by thieves inform the Gardai immediately.
Repairs / Replacements
Estimates should be forwarded as soon as possible to your broker but if these cannot be sent within thirty days of the loss or damage let them know the position.
Do what you can to prevent further loss or damage and minimise any interruption to your business.
Notification of Injury
Where an Employee has been injured or a member of the public has been injured and/or his/her property has been damaged, please write to your broker immediately, giving as much detail as you can.
Admission of Liability / Preservation of Salvage
The law of liability is complex so do not admit liability even if you think you may be to blame. Leave it to us to sort this out later. Any broken plant or equipment involved in the accident should be retained in a safe place.
Whenever a claim form is sent to you by Kennco Underwriting Ltd. in response to your notification of loss damage or injury please complete and return it to your broker or Kennco Underwriting Ltd. as soon as possible.
In the event of a claim or possible claim under your household insurance:
1. you must contact:
KennCo Household Claims Department
Cunningham Lindsey Ireland
South County Business Park
Our Claims Team is there to assist and advise you in every aspect of your claim.
2. you must provide us with written details of what has happened within 30 days and provide any other information we may require.
3. you must forward to us any writ, summons, notice of prosecution or other legal document you receive, unanswered, on receipt to:
KennCo Household Claims Department
Cunningham Lindsey Ireland
South County Business Park
4. you must inform the Gardai or Police within 24 hours following malicious acts, violent disorder, riots or civil commotion, theft, attempted theft or lost property.
5. you must not admit liability or offer or agree to settle any claim without our written permission.
If you fail to comply with any of the above duties this insurance may become invalid.
For a Household Policy Claim Form please visit our Downloads section within our Broker Centre.
The following guidelines explain what to do if your client needs to make a claim:
Claims - What to do
If you or your personal representative need to make a claim please contact CEGA, claims handlers on behalf of KennCo on tel. 01 4998399.
Written notice must be given to the Underwriters as soon as possible of any occurrence likely to result in a claim and in any event within 30 days of completion of the Insured Trip during which the claim circumstance arose.
All claims and correspondence should be sent to: KennCo Travel Claims Dept, Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
Medical Emergency Abroad - What to do
In the event of a medical emergency overseas, immediate access is available to the 24 hour multi-lingual Medical Services Department. The call will be answered by an experienced co-ordinator who will provide advice & assistance.
Telephone: 00 44 1243 621 573
Fax: 00 44 1243 773 169
When your client phones the emergency number they should state that they are insured with KennCo and give the following information:
- contact telephone number abroad
- policy number shown on the schedule
Hospital Treatment Abroad - What to do
If you are in hospital abroad for more than 24 hours, you must contact Cega Assistance immediately.
If you receive medical treatment abroad as an outpatient, you should pay the hospital or clinic and claim back the medical expenses on your return home, assuming you are covered.
The following documents should be sent with the completed claim form:
- Travel Insurance Certificate.
- Travel Tickets (Airline, Ferry, Coach, etc.). Unless returned to Tour Operator for refund.
- Tour operators booking invoice.
- Travel Itinerary.
Original documents required. We can not accept photocopies or faxed documents. Please do not send any documents until you send your claim form.
- Written confirmation from carrier or their agent stating the following:
a. exact reason for the delay.
b. original departure time & date.
c. actual departure time & date.
- Receipts for additional travel accommodation expenses incurred.
- Written confirmation stating the cause of the claim from the public transport company or from a garage or motoring organisation e.g. RAC or AA.
Cancellation/Loss of Deposit
- The Tour Operators Cancellation Invoice showing charges incurred
- Proof of cancellation, eg.
a. Medical Certificate,
b. Death Certificate,
c. Letter from employer confirming date you were first aware of being made redundant and length of service,
d. Court Subpoena.
Medical Expenses / Hospital Confinement / Curtailment / Repatriation
- All original receipts for expenses incurred.
- Additional travel tickets.
- Copy of EHIC card if not presented whilst abroad (European travel only).
- If hospitalised, written confirmation from the hospital concerned of date/time admitted & discharged.
- Letter from treating Doctor abroad confirming the medical necessity to return home the Republic of Ireland earlier than planned.
- Police Report.
- Representatives Report.
- In respect of money claims, currency conversion slips/copy of bank/building society statements or a letter from your bank confirming withdrawal of funds prior to your holiday.
- Property Irregularity Report, tickets and baggage tags.
- If claiming for damaged item, estimates of repair.