Motor Trade Underwriter – KennCo Underwriting
4th May 2018
Motor Trade Underwriter
Are you in search of a job which will provide you with guidance and training, and which could be the beginning of a long-term career? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
The purpose of the role is to provide our Brokers and Policyholders with top level customer service in the underwriting of our Motor Trade products.
Working within a specialist area, the role will require the proactive management of insurance policies for New Business, Renewals, and Mid-term Amendments.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is efficient in their work practices and who demonstrates energy and drive.
Although not strictly required, proven technical experience in Commercial Underwriting is an advantage, in particular with Motor Trade policies (including Garage Combined, and Motor Trade Road Risks).
As this is an entry level position we are also interested in school or college graduates who are looking for an opportunity to learn new skills and build a career in insurance.
- Underwriting Garage Combined and Motor Trade Road Risks policies
- Providing quotations for New Business, and issuing documentation for business placed
- Proactively managing the renewal of policies, including issuing renewal terms, chasing confirmation of renewal, and processing documentation
- Processing mid-term amendments
- Developing a detailed understanding of our Motor Trade products
- Building relationships with Brokers by correspondence, phone and attending Broker meetings where required
- Committing to continually improving quality and efficiency within the team, and to achieving personal and team objectives
- Meeting sales and retention targets whilst maintaining underwriting standards
- Maintaining customer focus and company standards
On the job training and coaching will be provided to the successful candidate.
Key Requirements; Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in Commercial Underwriting is an advantage but not a requirement
- CIP qualification is an advantage, but the candidate must have a willingness to achieve this Certification if they don’t already have it
- Strong team player with ability to build relationships within the team
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Commitment to continuous improvement of quality and efficiency
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.