Data Protection Notice
It is important that you read this Data Protection Notice or that someone explains it to you. The Notice must be shown to any party related to the insurance. It explains how we may use your details and tells you about the systems and registers that we and others have in place, which allow us to detect and prevent fraudulent applications and claims. You must tell us about any incident (such as an accident, fire or theft) whether or not a claim is likely to result. When you tell us about such an incident, information relating to it will be passed to the registers. We may search these databases when you apply for insurance, at renewal or in the event of an incident or claim, to validate your claims history or that of any other person or property likely to be involved in the Policy or claim. We may share information about you with other companies in our group or those providing services to us.
Preventing and detecting fraud claims history
In order to prevent and detect insurance-related fraud, we may do the following at any time:
- Share information about you with other companies within our group or those providing services to us,
- Check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies registers and databases and if you give us false or inaccurate information and/or make or attempt to make a fraudulent claim, this information will be recorded on the registers.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about Data Protection, please write to: The Office of Data Protection Commissioner, 3rd Floor, Block 6, Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the conditions of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003 of Ireland, you are entitled, if you pay a fee, to receive a copy of the information we hold about you.
We aim to provide a high standard of service, but if you are not satisfied, please contact: The Complaints Manager, KennCo Underwriting Ltd, Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park,Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16. Email: email@example.com.
We will do the following:
- Tell you what action we will take and who will be responsible for handling your enquiry,
- Acknowledge written enquiries, or any received by e-mail, usually within two working days,
- Give details of your enquiry to a senior person at the relevant department, usually within two working days.
You will hear from the relevant department in response to your enquiry, either in writing or over the phone, usually within ten working days. Where a full response cannot be given for any reason, you will be told what action will be taken, when you will hear again and whom you can contact in the meantime with any questions. When necessary, we will explain the situation in writing.
However we will endeavour to provide you with a Final Response within 25 working days from the date upon which we received your written complaint and request for a Final Response.
If you are still not satisfied and want to make a further complaint, you can do so within 15 working days from receipt of our Final Response by referring the matter to The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. This does not affect any right of legal action you may have against the Company.
Data Protection Notice
It is important that you read this Data Protection Notice or that someone explains it to you. The Notice must be shown to any party related to this insurance policy. KennCo Underwriting Ltd., arrange this insurance product on behalf of Axiom Underwriting Ltd., who in turn place this insurance product at Lloyd’s and/or other insurance companies regulated by the FSA.
WE MUST HAVE YOUR CONSENT BEFORE WE CAN USE YOUR “SENSITIVE” PERSONAL DATA.
Under Data Protection law we cannot consider your request for insurance cover or administer subsequent dealings in respect of your insurance without using (“processing”) your “sensitive” personal data – which includes information about your health - as set out below, including passing some data to other countries if you have a medical emergency overseas.
We at KennCo will use your information to consider and process your insurance application and, if insurance cover is issued, to carry out subsequent dealings relating to your insurance. We will also use your information to contact you at the end of the insurance cover to enquire whether you wish to renew your insurance.
In order to provide and maintain your insurance cover, we need to pass your information to some or all of the following:
- The agent/ broker who introduced your business to us.
- CEGA Assistance, Goodwood Airfield, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0DH who provide you with advice and assistance in the event that you have a medical emergency overseas and in assisting you with any claims you may wish to make.
- Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s and/or other insurance companies underwriting all or part of our travel products.
- Axiom Underwriting Ltd acting as agents on behalf of Insurers.
- Other such companies where we deem it necessary to provide your information to complete a sales transaction or process/investigate a claim settlement on your behalf.
None of your personal data (even if not “sensitive”) will be given or disclosed without your consent to any person or organisation, or used for any purpose, other than those listed above, unless required by law.
We have entered into contract terms with all of the companies to whom we pass your data, requiring them to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. (As a matter of good insurance business practice, they should also treat your personal information as confidential).
If you have any queries please contact: The Compliance Officer , KennCo Underwriting Ltd, Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, Ireland. Telephone: 00353 1 4994600. We keep all your information confidential.
At KennCo Underwriting Limited we aim to provide insurance cover and service of the highest standards. However, we accept that things can go wrong and we would rather be told about any difficulties than have a dissatisfied client. If you feel that we have been unreasonable in any aspect of the handling of your insurance please follow the procedure below.
- In the first instance please write to: The Complaints Manager, KennCo Underwriting Ltd, Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16. Please quote the reference number stated in the Schedule in any correspondence.
- Should you still remain dissatisfied you are entitled to take your complaint to: The Managing Director, Axiom Underwriting Limited, First Floor, Orchard House, Westerhill Road, Coxheath, Maidstone, Kent, ME17 3NQ, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with reg. no. 05547227
- Should you remain dissatisfied you are entitled to take your complaint to the representative of Lloyd’s in Ireland: Lloyd’s Ireland Representative Ltd.,
7/8 Wilton Terrace,, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of our investigation, you have the right to refer your complaint to an independent authority for consideration. Your complaint should be referred to: The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2.
These arrangements for the handling of complaints are entirely without prejudice to your rights in Irish law and you are free at any stage to seek legal advice and take legal action.
The Policy is a complex document and contains a large number of specific terms relevant in specific circumstances, depending on the nature of the risks being insured and those extensions requested. The policy may also contain warranties describing actions that you must take or avoid for any cover to operate.
Our aim is to provide insurance cover and service of the highest standard. However, there may be occasions when you feel that this objective has not been achieved. If you have any complaint about the insurance contract please follow the procedure below quoting your Policy number in all correspondence so that your complaint may be dealt with speedily.
- In the first instance please contact the Insurance Intermediary who arranged the policy for you.
- Should you remain dissatisfied please write to: The Complaints Manager, KennCo Underwriting Ltd., Suite 7, Grange Road Office Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
- If you are still unhappy with any issue connected with the handling of your insurance policy or claim then you should direct your enquiry to: The Compliance Officer of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC, Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3AJ.
(Tel: 020 3003 7000, Fax: 020 3003 7010)
- If you are not satisfied with the results of our investigation, you have the right to refer your complaint to an independent authority for consideration. Your complaint should be referred to: The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau, 3rd floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. This option is open only for individuals or incorporated bodies with an annual turnover of €3M or less.