Liberty Insurance is part of the global Liberty Mutual Insurance, which was established 100 years ago in 1912.
Liberty Mutual Insurance was founded in Boston in 1912 and is a diversified global insurer. As of December 31 2011, Liberty Mutual Insurance:
- Had $34.7 billion in annual consolidated revenue and $117.1 billion in consolidated assets
- Was the third largest property and casualty insurer in the US based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium
- Ranks 82nd on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium
- Employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world
- Is rated 'A' (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co. and 'A-' (Positive) by Standard & Poor's
Liberty Insurance Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Liberty Insurance Limited is registered in Ireland, registration number 494729